A wave rolls over the beach and carries more and more sand back into the sea. What remains are small green crystals that turn this place, hidden behind rocks, into a bright green. Our Melanocetus GMT Papakolea Green owes its somewhat strange name to an extraordinary natural spectacle: the green sandy beach of the same name in Hawaii! Because of its green colour, this rare natural spectacle was said to have a vitalising effect by the natives. A worthy eponym for our green GMT!
With the Melanocetus GMT we continue the successful Melanocetus series, now with the additional complication of a second time zone. The design has been discreetly complemented, so that the unmistakable appearance of the Melanocetus is retained and you still clearly get a typical watch with GMT function.
Here is the data in the overview:
- Stainless steel case with 43mm diameter and transparent sapphire crystal on both sides
- 200m waterproof
- Ceramic Bezel
- Swiss automatic movement Sellita SW 330-1 / ETA 2893-2 (28,800 A/h, 26 jewels, 38 hours power reserve, hours, minutes, central second)
- Sapphire crystal Floor
- Steel Bracelet (optional additional leather strap as shown on the picture)
- Pointers and indices from Super-LumiNova
Exceptional Additional Features:
- Ceramic inlay! The inlays give the watch an unrivalled look.
- Decorated rotor with set sapphire (The heart of the ocean or Corazón del Mar).
- Cabochon bead as a moisture indicator: We will use a cabochon bead on the rotor which, should moisture penetrate the case, absorbs part of it for protection and simultaneously indicates this.
- Housing with argon flooded: to keep almost any moisture from the housing, we will flood it with the gas "argon".
- Base fixed with 7 screws: Unlike most screwed floors, our floor is not screwed on top, which is not good for the seal because of the cross friction, but fixed with 7 screws. When you dive with the watch, the pressure naturally pushes the back even tighter onto the seal, thus increasing the safety of the watch and preventing water from entering the case.
- Made in Germany: We have a very high vertical range of manufacture. We shell the movements ourselves and each movement is checked for accuracy. We decorate the rotor independently with sapphire and place the cabochon pearl. We flood the case with argon and attach the wishing band. We print the dials by hand.
Exact dimensions of the watch:
- diameter: 43mm
- Horn to horn: 51mm
- height: 13mm
- Weight without strap: 75g
- Weight with steel strap: 145g
- Tape lug: 22mm